- J.D., Saint Louis University
- B.A., cum laude, University of Notre Dame
- Condominium Law
- Construction Litigation
- Directors and Officers Liability
- Employment Practices and Discrimination
- First Party Insurance Coverage and Defense
- Personal and Commercial General Liability
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
Mr. Guest’s practice focuses on the defense of labor and employment matters before administrative agencies such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Illinois Department of Human Rights, and the Illinois Department of Labor.
In addition, Mark has represented businesses in a wide range of litigation matters over the course of his career in both state and federal courts. His experience includes the defense of a variety of personal injury claims and the representation of long-term care facilities, security companies, and condominium associations.
Mark’s significant litigation experience includes bench and jury trials as well as arbitrations and mediations. He has recently obtained a $200,000 verdict on his client’s behalf in a trial regarding breach of contract.
Notable cases of Mark’s include the defense of class actions brought under the Illinois Biometric Information Privacy Act as well as the representation of businesses in claims involving breach of fiduciary duty and shareholder disputes.
Mr. Guest was the Notes and Comments Editor of the Saint Louis University Law Journal and currently volunteers on the CARPLS legal advice hotline.
- State of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Chair of the Chicago Bar Association Tort Litigation Committee